Friday, December 4, 2009

The Most Important Thing I've Learned in this Class

The most important thing that I learned in this English class is to be conscientious of my audience when I am writing compositions and how to write to different audiences. For example, I code switch when writing to different audiences; I can be informal when I write to my friends but I need to be formal when I write to my teacher or my boss. I can send my friends messages on Facebook, but I need to write a formal email to my teacher. Another example is that I can use abbreviations and write in short-hand when I am writing to my friends but I cannot do this if I am writing a paper for English class.
I can carry this information with me through my academic career. All throughout my academic career, I will need to be conscientious of my audience when I am writing compositions. I cannot forget who my audience is because I need to use the appropriate format and the appropriate language. I can carry the information I learned in this English class through my vocational career, eventually. As of now, I want to be a psychologist so I will need to be aware of code switching depending on who I am talking to. Most importantly, I can carry this information with me throughout my life in general. I will be writing compositions all throughout my life so I will need to remember what I learned about shaping my compositions to my audience. If I remember all of this, my compositions will be better, since they are actually shaped to their audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr